This was a birthday gift for my new beau. It’s a reminder that he ate this animal (member of the mouse family) last year on a vacation in Peru.
I found a cute pattern on the Dolls and Daydreams website. Here’s my version, using two different kinds of fake fur fabric.*
These are some dolls on the pattern website.
*fake fur makes a big mess when you cut it, so wear a mask over your nose and face.
My sewing project for August is another Ghee’s Classic Eloquence bag. I chose this fabric combination because it reminds me of Indian Summer. Like the last one, the pattern is modified as a roomier medium size, measuring 13 X 9.5 inches. It uses a 10 inch tubular purse frame.
This bag has adjustable straps, using a pair of D-rings for the buckle.
I’ve made another Classic Eloquence bag. Like the last one, the pattern is modified as a roomier medium size, measuring 13 X 9.5 inches. It uses a 10 inch tubular purse frame.
I added zippered pockets on the outer bag pieces and used D-rings to make the straps adjustable.
I got the idea of using D-rings for the straps from this purse:
Here’s my modified (Ghee’s) Classic Eloquence Bag. I made a size medium somewhat deeper, measuring 13 X 9.5 inches. It uses a 10 inch tubular purse frame.
The fabric is upholstery weight, with leaves, flowers and bugs on an off-white background. I added leather tabs to secure the ends of the straps.
Purse project for May 2013 – the Pocketbook Purse by Kimmie’s Quilts.
Bag measures about 9 X 13 inches.
April 2013 – I had to make another Classic Bag, to use up my remnant of the Bear tapestry fabric.
The pattern is from Carol’s Carryalls.
I’ve made so many versions of this bag because of the size and pockets. From top to bottom, Summer Bag, Jungle Bag, Denim Bag, Ann’s Bag and Bear Bag.
I’ve been working on this bag/purse/project bag for many months.
The pattern is by Elinor Peace Bailey : you can make a chicken, crow or old lady bag.
Here’s my Chicken Bag finished – the last detail was crocheted chicken feet. I made quite a few alterations to the pattern: it was a huge bag so I downsized it to 21 X 14 inches. I quilted both the outer bag and lining and added lining pockets.